Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Have You Ever Ever Ever In Your Long Legged Life??

Okay, I'm not sure how to start this but here it goes...last week a church member passed away. He was killed by way of getting hit by a school bus. The entire story is so sad because it was a sudden death that was truly a mistake. From the stories going around the guy was riding a bicycle and road into traffic (thinking he could beat it). With that being said he was hit by the front of the bus, drugged up under the front wheel and stuck up under the bus. He succumbed to his injuries at the hospital. The deceased was a very kind hearted man. He was so full of life and loved the Lord as well as his family. Now his funeral was today. This is where things get interesting....

For starters the funeral was not held at our church, it was held at another church (his family decided that). This church was too small for the home going service, secondly the people...oh my goodness the people...!!...I have never seen people act in such an unprofessional and improper manner at a funeral. This was my first and Lord willing my last time attending a GHETTO funeral. The people came in talking loud, laughing, carrying on unnecessary conversations, and just being disrespectful to the deceased and his family. I mean I have never seen such actions. There were these two women behind me, my mother, and a few more of our church members. These two women carried on as if they were at home. Talking about getting their hair done, buying hot curlers, and eating candy. This one lady had the audacity to eat a GREEN LOLLIPOP! While the family was marching in, they continued to talk....wooo working my last nerve. This was the most ghetto funeral I've ever been too...These grown women were so disrespectful to the funeral service! It seems like every person that came in didn't know how to leave all ghetto tendencies at home. Whenever someone mentioned that area that the deceased grew up in the women behind me felt the need to shout it out like they were at a club or ghetto event talkin' bout..."THAT'S RIGHT...LANE STREET REPRESENT!!...WHAT WHAT!" I wanted to turn around and SHUT UP GHETTO BROAD, but I know One: that isn't Christ like and Two: It would have been disrespectful to the family. By the time this service was over...I was beside myself at how these people had carried on. My mother and other church members were in a state of disbelief as well at the actions of those that carried on in such an improper way.....

There are some other ghetto instances such as this man coming in wearing a fake rabbit white fur coat....looking a hot behind mess (of course the ghetto crew behind me had to laugh and say something)....it became standing room only at one point and the people didn't not want to go to the fellowship hall where the church was holding the overflow of people....the less dignified did not know how to leave orderly or quietly....so I ask the question again..have you ever ever ever in your long legged life....seen such or heard of such foolery at a funeral???

No comments:

Post a Comment