Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The List.....

One day I while at home I created this list of what I would like for my ideal man to possess. Now I know that everyone is not perfect and finding everything in one person may not be possible. I am open to compromising one thing for the other. After all I may not possess everything that a man is looking for in a woman. Now that I look at this list I find it very interesting. Please feel free to leave your opinions and pass it along to any men that you may know. I would really like to know what they may have to say about this list.

The List:

God: Has to be first. Being a Christian is very important to me. Like I stated before I am not perfect and I am not looking for perfection but there has to be some connection between him and the Master.

Family: I am very close to my family. No matter what I know that my family has my back. The man that comes into my life must love family and all that it represents.

Work: Cannot be allergic to it. Simple as that if I'm working then you are too!!

Love: Can't be afraid of it. It will come eventually just be prepared for the effects from it. Must also know how to express it verbally or physically.

Respect: If you give it to me I will return it to you. This has to be earned and cannot be broken. Must know how to give and how to demand it.

Swagger: One has to posses it without being conceited. Includes everything from his walk, his talk, his scent, and his outward appearance. All in all a well kept man.

Academics: A must have. There has to be more than hip-hop, sports, and cars.

Physical looks: As long as I can look at him and smile I am happy.

Body type: I'm open; the body is only the container of the goodness that God has given to me.

Personality: NO lameness or sarcasm. Outgoing, reserved, and reachable will be wonderful.

Commitment: Has to be in sight. This is one of the greatest elements of being in love.

Security: Can that be given without him compromising who he is. Meaning can he be strong for the both of us if need be.

Vision: What is his reason for living? Is it to serve God or man? Does he have a life plan and is he willing to have that be altered if he encounters set-backs?

Culture: Has to be open-minded about other life aspects and be more accepting. There is more than hood politics to life.

Class: For a man, better stated as being distinguished. Has to know how to dress to impress, know a salad fork from a regular fork, and know that chivalry is not dead.

Softness: Better stated as male sensitivity. Not afraid to show it in front of you or his boys. Not afraid to express it at any given point in time.

Versatility: Be able to switch from "da hood" to the boardroom and back with ease. Know classical music like he knows hip-hop music or some other form of music other than Lil Wayne.

Desire: There has to be a want or need for something important in life. There has to be a driven mentality in the brain. What keeps him motivated?

Patience: Nothing will come easy or when you want it. Life moves at a pace in which we have been programed to follow. There is one thing I cannot stand and that is an impatient person. That is a major turn off.

I know that the person for me may not meet every quality that I'm looking for. There will be some compromising on my part as well as his. There isn't nor will there ever be "perfect person." There are some standards that I will not lower or compromise on. However, I will not let anyone or anything keep me from being headstrong about what I'm looking for.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you want what I wanted from my man. But whether I got it is another story..Well hope you find what you lookin for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list.
    I need to think about mine. I tried writing the love list meme that was going around but never finished it.

    ReplyDelete