Thursday, February 5, 2009

Who Is He??

Black banana cream
his thoughts deeper than Dr. King's dream

His mind spans the hands of time
not loving him would be a crime

A confident swagger that consumes the room
Speak-do I dare, maybe..okay I should...

And I did, but...I can't
vocalize what I realized he had my body paralyzed as he spoke to me

That voice deeper than the rumbling of thunder
my body shook

my heart skipped
my mind accelerated

Exasperated by his voice I couldn't speak
only a meek tone came from me

I began to stare
his eyes-browner than chocolate

with an Omar Epps resemblance
I cracked a smile, so did he

but before we could speak
beep...beep....beep...beep-time to get up!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hate when I wake up from dreams like that.
    I have tried to go back to sleep and recapture it but that never works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I have an award for you. Stop pass.

    ReplyDelete